We’re recruiting a Plant Instructor to join our team at GTG Glasgow.
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
- Workplace pension
- Extensive training opportunities
- Simplyhealth – all employees have access to a GP 24/7 and can claim money back on medical and dental treatments
- And much more!
This is a full-time position: Monday – Friday, 7.45am – 4.15pm
This role is based at GTG Glasgow but will also involve travel to customers’ sites.
About the role
In this role, you will deliver training on various plant machinery to awarding body standards. We’re looking for an experienced instructor with a passion for training and working with delegates of all abilities. You will be a strong communicator with a patient approach and hold a NPORS instructor qualification for roller/dumper/excavator entitlement.
- Carry out pre-use checks on training machines.
- Carry out operator assessments.
- Instruct candidates on required machines (i.e. roller/dumper/excavator and MEWPS if qualified).
- Complete all relevant course paperwork.
- Liaise with transport administrators and senior instructors.
Essential skills and experience
- Must hold a minimum NPORS instructor qualification for roller/dumper/excavator entitlement for over three years.
- Strong communication skills and a patient approach.
- Excellent level of accuracy and good standards of literacy when writing course paperwork.
- Ability to talk to a wide range of people in a confident manner.
- Good timekeeping and professional appearance.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- IPAF/PASMA instructor qualification is desirable, but training will be given to the right candidate.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.