What we can offer you…
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Opportunities to continue training and progression
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Life assurance
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
About the role:
As a Light Technical Trainer, you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality automotive training to apprentices and commercial delegates, therefore you’ll need to have already gained experience and extensive knowledge in the light vehicle sector as a technician or similar. This role will give you the opportunity to train and impart your skills and experience by developing technicians of the future in this demanding and exciting industry.
You’ll be passionate about making a difference to learners’ lives and have the enthusiasm to succeed. You’ll possess great interpersonal skills, as well as being organised and confident. You’ll also be great at working on your own initiative and in a team environment.
- Delivering technical training as required in line with curriculum and awarding body requirements.
- Completing administrative duties and monitor and support learners' progress throughout their learning journey.
- Assisting with and developing resources for the automotive department.
- Ensuring inclusion of equality and diversity, promoting good values and employability skills within training sessions.
- Liaising with colleagues and the assessing team to remain focused on learner success and achievement.
- Five years’ extensive, proven professional experience as a Light Vehicle Technician
- A Light Vehicle Level 3 qualification
- Knowledge of using Microsoft applications, in particular PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an automotive environment
- Excellent communication skills (face-to-face, written and on the phone)
- Strong practical skills
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some experience in training within an automotive environment
- A teacher training qualification
- Knowledge of the workplace assessment process