We are recruiting for a LGV Instructor to work at GTG Training in Wolverhampton. You’ll be joining our Instructor Training programme and be provided with two to four weeks of full instructor training depending on your experience. This role is perfect for a current LGV driver looking for a change or an experienced trainer ready to take on a new challenge with GTG.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 7.45am – 4.15pm (with a 30 minute lunch)
GTG has over 50 years’ experience delivering driver training. As an LGV Instructor, you’ll be working at our industry-leading centres, training students to DVSA test standard, carrying out practical driving assessments and dealing with course paperwork to rigorous standards.
You’ll be an experienced driver with at least a minimum Category C licence. A background in a training environment is also desirable but not essential – we’ll provide full instructor training. You just need a calm manner and the ability to get the best out of every learner.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks on training vehicles.
- Carrying out driving assessments.
- Instructing candidates on required vehicles (i.e., C1, C, C+E and PCV, if qualified).
- Carrying out Module 4 (initial DCPC) training.
- Completing all relevant course paperwork.
- Liaising with transport administrators and senior instructors.
- Must hold a minimum of a Category C entitlement for over 3 years.
- Strong communication skills and a patient approach.
- Excellent level of accuracy and good standards of literacy when writing course paperwork.
- Ability to talk to a wide range of people in a confident manner.
- Good timekeeping and professional appearance.
Nice to have (but not essential)
Previous experience in a driver training environment, although full training will be given.
RTITB Forklift Instructor qualification and PCV licence are desirable, but training will be given to the right candidate.
In return for your training skills, you will receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.