Are you a first-class communicator with a passion for sharing your knowledge of the logistics sector? This is the role for you.
We’re looking for a LGV Assessor at GTG West Midlands, with national travel required.
When you’ll work:
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm
What’s the job?
As our LGV Assessor, you’ll be responsible for guiding learners through their GTG journey, from induction to assessment, making sure they make excellent progress through classroom-based and one-to-one coaching in the apprentice’s workplace.
You’ll be an outstanding communicator, with good administrative skills and a passion for developing others and seeing them thrive.
On an average day, you’ll be:
- Acting as the main point of contact for learners, mentors and employers throughout the programme of learning.
- Delivering quality coaching, support and IAG to meet employer and learner needs. This includes coaching mentors to deliver appropriate training to the apprentice.
- Familiarising workplace supervisors and mentors with assessment / monitoring / off-the-job processes, and escalating issues where relevant.
- Establishing and reviewing barriers to learning and appropriately planning to overcome these, making sure relevant delivery is adapted to meet learner needs.
- Conducting highly effective learner milestone reviews which accurately capture the progress of learners against the skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the standard.
- Accessing and analysing data available to determine performance against independent learning targets, online learning modules, attendance data etc.
- Making sure the impact of all training received is captured in the learner’s off-the-job log.
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Relevant transport and logistics qualification at Level 3
- Level 3 Assessor award
- Maths and English at equivalent of Functional Skills Level 2 or above
- Knowledge of current safeguarding and prevent requirements
- Knowledge of current Ofsted framework
- Knowledge of Smart Assessor
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Level 3 Teaching qualification
What we can offer you…
To help you carry out your role to the best of your ability, you’ll receive a company car, fuel card, laptop and mobile phone.
And in return for your skills, you’ll also receive one of the best employee packages in the industry, which includes:
- Generous retail discounts;
- Private healthcare;
- Life assurance;
- Access to our fantastic employee wellbeing portal – Space;
- And all the training you need to help you thrive in your role.
- Salary range of £28,000 - £30,000 DOE
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.