What we can offer you…
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Life assurance
- Company car
- Level 3 teaching qualification
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
What’s the job?
As a Development Coach, you will act as the main point of contact for learners, mentors, and employers, ensuring all required documentation is completed to a high standard and providing key information and updates to each party in a timely manner.
Your primary focus will be to deliver quality coaching and development to employed learners within the automotive sector. You will be responsible for the management of the learner’s journey from induction through to their end point assessment, making sure that all training and development is completed in line with individual learning plans. You will ensure learners are ready for their end point assessments by the planned date and effectively challenge them to achieve distinction status where appropriate
The position is based in the North of England and travel to our GTG centre in Wolverhampton will be required once per month.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will be an outgoing and positive person who forms strong relationships quickly. They will also have a good standard of IT skills and be consistently effective with administrative tasks and general time management. We are also looking for someone committed to Arnold Clark’s standards of equality and diversity, with the ability to display excellent levels of customer service and quality assurance. And of course, the right candidate will be an excellent communicator!
- To act as the main point of contact for learners, mentors and employers throughout the programme of learning.
- To deliver quality coaching, support and IAG to meet employer and learner needs. This includes coaching mentors to deliver appropriate training to the apprentice.
- To ensure relevant workplace supervisors and mentors are familiar with the assessment / monitoring / off-the-job process and escalate issues where relevant.
- To facilitate recruitment and induction sessions, ensuring learners understand the programme, its necessary requirements and to ascertain relevant RPL and APL that may apply and progressing next steps.
- Identify and review barriers to learning and appropriately plan to overcome these, ensuring relevant delivery is adapted to meet learner needs.
- To conduct highly effective learner milestone reviews which accurately capture the progress of learners against the skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the standard.
- To carry out high-quality milestone reviews with learners, incorporating support, views and feedback from mentors and employers and setting SMART targets which aid progress.
- To plan and co-ordinate learning experiences in order to enable learners to progress and pass their end point assessment within agreed timescales and in line with their individual learning plan.
- Minimum of three years’ recent industry relevant working experience or three years’ industry-relevant teaching and assessment.
- Minimum of three years’ recent apprenticeship learning and assessment experience.
- Good knowledge of current safeguarding and prevent requirements.
- Good knowledge of the apprenticeship standards and end point assessments.
- Level 3 Assessor Award.
- Maths and English at equivalent of Functional Skills Level 2 or above.
Would be nice, but not essential
- Level 3 teaching qualification.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.