What we can offer you…
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible working
- Generous retail discounts
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Private healthcare and sick pay cover
- Life assurance
- Company car
- Fuel card
- Mobile phone
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm
What’s the job?
As our Development Coach for heavy vehicle, you'll be responsible for guiding learners through their GTG journey from induction to assessment, making sure they make strong progress to EPA distinction. You will undertake 1-1 coaching and assessment in the apprentice's workplace.
You’ll be an outstanding communicator, with good administrative skills and a passion for developing others and seeing them thrive.
- Acting as the main point of contact for learners, mentors and employers throughout the programme of learning.
- Delivering quality coaching, support and IAG to meet employer and learner needs. This includes coaching mentors to deliver appropriate training to the apprentice.
- Familiarising workplace supervisors and mentors with assessment / monitoring / off-the-job processes, and escalating issues where relevant.
- Establishing and reviewing barriers to learning and appropriately planning to overcome these, making sure relevant delivery is adapted to meet learner needs.
- Conducting highly effective learner milestone reviews which accurately capture the progress of learners against the skills, knowledge and behaviours relevant to the standard.
- Accessing and analysing data available to determine performance against independent learning targets, online learning modules, attendance data etc.
- Making sure the impact of all training received is captured in the learner’s off-the-job log.
The skills you’ll need:
- Hold a light or heavy vehicle level 3 qualification
- Have five years’ occupational experience
- Have a high skill level of basic English and Maths
Nice to have (but not essential):
- Hold an English and Maths qualification Level 2
- Hold a Level 3 Assessors Award or Level 3 teaching qualification
- Good IT skills using a range of Microsoft tools
- Experience using an e-portfolio system
- Knowledge or current safeguarding and prevent requirements
- knowledge of the apprentice levy and current Ofsted framework
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.