- Earn while you learn
- Gain an SCQF Level 7 Fire and Security Systems Engineering
- Work full time in a workshop
- Job based in Cambuslang
The Modern Apprenticeship Programmes allow apprentices to work full time and have the opportunity to earn while they learn and to put theory into practice within a security and alarms training environment.
As well as attending the training centre for week block release of training, regular assessment and reviews will be undertaken within the apprentice's own workplace which aims to ensure they have the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
What Might a Typical Day in this Job look like?
This programme covers the following areas:
- Learning and becoming competent in the installation and maintenance of CCTV, intruder, fire detection and access control systems
- Installing components
- Troubleshooting and rectifying faults
- Following instructions in both a workplace and classroom environment
As an apprentice, you will learn all aspects of fire and security system maintenance and installation.
What will I learn?
Regular assessment and reviews will be undertaken within the apprentice's own workplace which aims to ensure they have the required skills to successfully complete their apprenticeship.
What qualifications or qualities are required?
Minimum requirements for this apprenticeship are National 4 or above in Maths, English and a Science or Technical subject. Accredited equivalents will also be accepted.
It is essential that you are literate, numerate, reliable, and keen to learn.